Welcome to Chautauqua Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Chautauqua Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a 216-bed facility nestled along the Lake Erie coastline in the quaint town of Dunkirk, NY, just one hour south of Buffalo. It’s close proximity to Fredonia, Jamestown and Erie, PA make it a gem for high-quality care in the Southern Tier area.
As part of the VestraCare family of facilities, we understand the importance of technology, programming and specialized staffing when it comes to providing the best care. We’re pleased to offer a variety of professional services to meet the individual needs of each resident.
Please scroll down to learn more about our services.
As of 11/17/21, appointments are not required for visitation.
The following is recommended:
Afternoon visits for subacute residents to avoid interfering with therapy sessions.
8 am to 8 pm with avoidance of meal time hours 8am-10am, 12pm-2pm and 5pm-7pm.Visitation is not permitted in meal service areas or the therapy gym.
Electronic screening is required and COVID testing highly encouraged. Masks must be worn.
Adherence to the Core Principles of COVID-19 Infection Prevention must be followed which includes the following:
- Visitors who have a positive viral test for COVID-19, symptoms of COVID-19, or currently meet the criteria for quarantine, should not enter the facility
- New admissions may be on transmission-based precautions or quarantine until they test negative for Covid
- Although visitation is not recommended for residents in transmission-based precautions or quarantine, visits may still be allowed in the resident’s room with all parties wearing well-fitting masks
- Although it is safer for visitors not to enter the facility during a Covid 19 outbreak, visitation will be allowed with information given to the visitor about potential risk of exposure
- Hand hygiene (use of alcohol-based hand rub is preferred)During indoor visitation, visitors’ movement is limited within the facility. Visitors should not walk around different halls of the facility. Rather, they should go directly to the resident’s room or designated visitation area
- Face covering or mask (covering mouth and nose) and physical distancing at least six feet in between people, in accordance with CDC guidance
- New admissions will be on isolation until tested negative for COVID, but are permitted visitation
Colleen Hart, LNHA
Click here to view our current reopening guidelines
Click here to view our current visitation guidelines
Click here to view our current hygiene guidelines
CNRC offers skilled nursing services for individuals requiring 24-hour care and assistance with activities of daily living. Our empathetic caregivers have been hand-selected for their ability to deliver compassionate care while fostering self-esteem, dignity and security for each of our residents.
• Robust activity programs
• In-room television
• Complementary WI-FI
• Beauty/barber salon
• Enclosed courtyards and beautiful grounds
• Private dining & lounge areas
CNRC’s in-patient therapy program was developed using the latest evidence-based research and best practices to ensure the best rehabilitative outcomes. Our program is designed for individuals who will benefit from additional recovery time before returning to the community. This includes practicing activities of daily living in a kitchen, bedroom and bathroom setting as well as other important daily tasks.
We provide services for:
• Bariatric Care
• Cardiac Conditions
• Chronic Diseases
• Complex Medical Conditions
• IV Therapy
• Joint Replacements, Injuries and Fractures
• Lymphedema Therapy
• Physical Therapy
• Pulmonary Services
• Occupational Therapy
• Orthopedic Rehabilitation
• Speech Therapy
• Stroke and Neurological Conditions
• Tracheostomy Care
• Wound Healing and Management
CNRC’s safe, secured memory care unit incorporates the latest research and design elements to meet the needs of our residents, while structured programming keeps them active and engaged. Our unit is designed specifically for those with memory loss with a focus on visual cues, secured entrances/exits, specialized lighting, calming colors and more. Our programming is individually-focused and incorporates tasks and activities that were part of their regular everyday routine.
• Art, music & entertainment programs
• Recreational & sensory activities
• Occupational & physical therapy
• Special activities such as pet visits, aroma therapy, baking and more
• Therapeutic tasks
IN-HOUSE DIALYSIS DEN
CNRC is pleased to be one of the only providers in the Southern Tier area to offer individualized in-house dialysis services to improve the health and wellness of our patients. Our program involves a 5-day gentle dialysis protocol with treatments lasting roughly 3 hours each day. This differs from the typical 3-day schedule that many treatment centers offer and provides greater flexibility and more time for therapy, activities and rest. Most importantly, by receiving services in-house, you never have to leave the comfort of our facility for treatment. We credential local Nephrologists so your community doctor can follow you when you’re at our facility. Once you’re ready for discharge, our team will coordinate the transition back to your previous dialysis center.
CNRC offers temporary short-term care for a loved one while you vacation, travel or tend to business. We offer the same services that are provided to our long-term residents. This program provides a safe option for your loved one and peace of mind for you!
Prior to admission, members of our team meet with you and your family to determine if the services we provide are appropriate to meet your needs. Once admission is confirmed, we will work closely with your physician and/or the hospital discharge planner to coordinate a seamless arrival.
CNRC offers palliative care services that compliment an individual’s pre-planned desires while meeting the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of end-of-life care.
• Licensure, State License – Skilled Nursing Facility
• Licensure, State License – Residential HC Facility
• Licensure, State License – Medicaid Certified
• AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program – Bronze Award
• ACHCA’s Eli Pick Facility Leadership Award
Fallon Weinberg MLTC
Here at Chautauqua, we seek to offer care in as many ways as possible
10836 Temple Rd.
Dunkirk, NY 14048